Austin Peace Academy (APA) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to provide a holistic, academically rigorous education for Pre-K through 12th Grade students in a safe, nurturing, faith-based environment.
Austin Peace Academy is in the top 10 best private school in Austin , Texas based on Niche Ranking.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, to students in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the school, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree of related subject from an accredited university
- Valid Standard Teacher Certification
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Maintains professionalism with staff.
Professional Growth and Development
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, committee meetings, and work sessions as required by the principal.
- Exhibit professional judgment and responsibility at all times.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Promote professional improvement through reading educational journals and books, exploring educational research, enrolling in college courses, participating in staff development activities, and membership in professional organizations.
- Follow all rules, regulations, and policies approved by the Board of Directors and follow directives from superiors.
- Follow the attendance policy as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the Administration and/or supervisor.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, board policies, and present subject matter according to established guidelines.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- School timing 7:30-3:45 p.m
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the state testing program.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; interpret policy and maintain emotional control under stress.
- The Administration and/or supervisor has the right to add or change duties at any time.