The Nursery for the Creation of Global Islamic Leaders
Position: Elementary School Principal / Administrator
Description and Goals:
The school Principal serves as the educational and administrative leader, responsible for building and maintaining a professional environment. Achieving academic excellence requires the school principal to work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents. The School Principal works closely with the masjid board to ensure the vision and mission of the school is achieved.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership -Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior. Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school.
- Curriculum Development, Supervision, and Evaluation- Knows school curriculum and helps the staff use curriculum resources. Participates and leads curriculum development activities. Utilizes appropriate school and educational experts for improvement.
- School Culture and Environment- Develops and maintains positive staff morale. Implements a discipline code that is fair and promotes order and student learning. Defines and articulates a school philosophy with vision.
- Professional Development- Coordinates and carries-out Teacher Orientation Week. Identifies, plans, coordinates, and implements staff development programs in accordance with assessed needs.
- Human Resources, Staff Supervision and Personnel Evaluation- Plans and implements a systematic personnel evaluation program that the staff understands. Continually monitors and revises the evaluation system utilizing information from appropriate personnel.
- Communications - Listens and responds appropriately to staff, student, and community concerns. Respects differences of opinion and fosters open communication among staff.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving- Considers research when making decisions. Considers alternatives and consequences in the decision-making process. Clearly communicates decisions and rationale to all affected.
- Community Relations- Interacts with the school community and independent school community to promote positive outcomes.
- Personal Development- Keeps abreast of current changes and developments within the profession. Views self as a role model for expected staff behavior.
- Building Management- Establishes and maintains rules and procedures for student and staff safety.
- Record Keeping Financial Management- Maintains accurate personnel, student, and fiscal records. Works to prepare accurate budgets and effectively monitors expenditures.
- Bachelor's degree of related subject from an accredited university or work related experience.
- Teaching certificate a PLUS, min 3+ years experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring. Strong oral and written communication. Strong computer skills. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively prioritize and lead on multiple initiatives simultaneously
Please Note: Salary commences with experience.
Send inquires along with cover letter to: adminreviveracademy.com