School Principal Pre-K to 8th grade
Izzadeen Academyis the first Islamic School in Osceola County in Kissimmee, Florida. Join us for this amazing opportunity to be part of this new school’s success story as we make history. Izzadeen Academy is going to promote Islamic spiritual and moral values based on the Qur’an. We are committed to providing students with a solid, accredited educational foundation in mathematics, science, language arts, social studies, Islam, and Qur’an.
·3+ years experience as a principal or in a similar role
·Degree in Education, or management or a similar major. Master’s degree is a plus
·Knowledge of school administrative processes, national educational regulations, scholarships.
·Hands-on experience with MS Office and education management systems
·Great presentation and communication skills
·Ability to coach, inspire, and lead others
·A teaching license is preferred
·Strong knowledge of Arabic and Islam
The following list of major duties and responsibilities may not fully represent the exact job responsibilities of a principal. There may be additional/different elements of the job which are not included in this checklist.
The purpose of this position is to ensure Islamic leadership according to Islam and local school policies, rules, and regulations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensures the development and implementation of an overall learning environment which promotes Islamic faith formation/education, ethical decision-making, social justice, and Muslim leadership. This is accomplished by promoting a curriculum that integrates Quran values; assuring the integration of the school as part of the Islamic faith community; enabling staff to serve as role models for students; promoting a leadership style compatible with Islamic principles, and personally witnessing to the principles and values of the Islamic faith.
2. Ensures the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive curriculum program that complies with Islamic and state standards of curriculum requirements. This is accomplished by overseeing the implementation of instructional goals and objectives for each grade; evaluating the current curriculum to determine strengths and weaknesses and collaborating with staff in selecting supplementary programs.
3. Ensures the supervision of certified and support staff. This is accomplished by overseeing the recruitment, hiring, training, motivation, and evaluation processes. The incumbent is also responsible for terminating staff. Principal oversees the formulation and implementation of instructional goals and objectives for individual teachers; provide for instructional resources and professional development for teachers. Principal convenes staff to promote the integration of the school's mission, goals, and policies; and to promote a working environment that incorporates the principle of collaboration, subsidiary and shared decision-making.
4. Ensures that learning standards are developed and maintained for students. This is accomplished by assuring that students are tested and evaluated regularly and appropriately, and that test results are shared with parents. The principal oversees the development and maintenance of accurate and current student records and files.
5. Ensures the development and maintenance of effective communication systems between parents, teachers, and school administrators. This is accomplished through regular written communication to the parents; regularly scheduled meeting opportunities between teachers and parents; regularly reporting students' academic progress; and participation in a club, foundation, and committee activities and meetings.
6. Oversees the development of an overall financial plan for the school. This is accomplished by collaborating with the School Commission, Foundation, and PDO boards and develop a long-range financial plan for the school, including fund solicitation, fund-raising, alumnus's association development, and endowment programs.
7. Collaborates with the School Board in administering the school. This is accomplished by developing annual school programs, plans, goals, and objectives and participating in programs, meetings, etc. sponsored by the Mosque.
8. Ensures the development of policy and process for disciplining students. This is accomplished by incorporating the values of justice-making and membership in a community in promoting positive discipline and its consequences.
9. Participates with other secular and private schools in the community in facilitating joint programs and/or the acquisition of joint supplies with the local school district.
10. Ensures the preparation and submission of all necessary reports to the state as well as the school board. The principal also adheres to all applicable state and Islamic safety and health regulations.
11. Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required to function as a Principal. This is accomplished through reading, attendance at diocesan in-service training opportunities, participation in worships, conventions or convocations, and through membership in local, state, or national professional organizations, as approved and as appropriate.
Respon sibilities to the school advisory commission:
12. Serves as staff and executive officer to the School Commission. Principal discusses agenda issues to help the Commission Chair prepare the agenda, ensures the preparation of information, research, and other appropriate data as requested by the Commission. The principal collaborates with the Commission in preparing the annual budget and modifying it as needed.
13. Works cooperatively with the School Commission in the implementation of their recommended School policies.
14. Furnishes data and makes recommendations in preparation for the annual budget.
15. Keeps the School Commission members informed of the general operation of the school.
The performance of this job will be evaluated by provisions as outlined in the negotiated contract between the School Board and the Principal of Izzadeen Academy. Candidate should be able to wear Islamic dress code and respect the Islamic faith values and culture.
Salary range will be $42k – $55k plus as well as “Relocation & Moving Allowance for Qualified Candidates” Competitive salary will be based on qualification and experience.
Please register here: https://forms.gle/syCcWaP6aUbbHtW17
Please emailyour letter of interest, resume, qualifications,and referencesat HRIzzadeenAcademy.org by July 12th. Employment starts: ASAP