Marketing and Development Director
Posted date [2017-Jul-21] (ID: 1213)
- 270 students by 2016 with subsequent increases based on school expansion
- Fund Raising
The core items are to focus on Enrollment and Fundraising. Any other items will be in related to execution of core items however from time to time there will additional items (Any additional items will be secondary to the core items).
- Draft a fundraising plan with direction from MUA. This plan will comprise of multiple fundraising strategies. Some of these strategies will be spearheaded by DOD directly while others will have certain persons identified to co-ordinate the effort and DOD will act as quarterback. Some of the areas that DOD will be involved in include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and maintaining existing donor database as well as other databases
- Cultivating deeper relationships with existing (past) and potential donors. This would involve setting up physical meetings (on and off site) and tours as well as follow up communications. This would be with existing and potential donors
- Organizing fundraising events which are either school community ot general community focused or both
- Managing donor communication through email, letter writing campaigns, annual donor appreciation events, sending donor appreciation gifts, etc.
Developing on prior year Enrolment Plan and executing it. In the 14/15 and 15/16 year DOD
successfully increased enrollment to its current levels. At the appropriate time (around January)
the prior years plan will be reviewed and tweaked as need be and during the school year it will
This involves, but is not limited to
- Recruiting ambassadors and volunteers for enrollment, marketing and fundraising purposes.
- MUA van placements which acts as MUA mobile billboards
- Organizing and conducting tours
- Persistent following up with any possible new family
- Maintaining a list of all potential families and all follow up
- Systemizing data around enrollment
- Management of marketing efforts, social media, newsletters, and mailers
- Organizing events for school programming and promotion. These include MUA carnival, open houses, donor appreciation dinner, concerts, and fundraisers, various community events
- Generating enrollment reports during the season as well as a comprehensive annual report
Certain non core responsibilities that are ancillary to Core responsibilities
These include, but are not limited to,
- Designing, printing, disseminating marketing material including publishing the annual report, school fliers, event fliers,
- Managing www.MUANJ.org website
- Managing Social Media presence and actively updating Social Media including Facebook and Twitter
- Actively involved in the branding and the marketing of MUA
Examples on non Core items may be
- Execution of grant research and subsequent applications
- Alumni management organizing events, fundraising opportunities, coordinating volunteerism opportunities
- Co-ordinate Transportation
- Managing financial Aid during enrollment period
- Collectively establishing annual goals for individual board members and facilitating their accomplishments.
This is not an hourly position. It is a Career position and will require a “get the job done” attitude.
Hours will not be micro managed. DOD will work a normal work week but frequently will need to
be at events and meetings after hours. As such DOD may be able to compensate for this on
some occasions by taking time off during normal business hours. However as the work load may
demand DOD will put in the hours that are required to get the job done.
DOD may from time to time bring on an intern or additional help to execute some of the nutty
gritty tasks so as to allow DOD to free up time and focus on other items.