Part time and Full time positions available
Send resumes to qalamadminmyqca.org
To provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the assigned subject area to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth at Qalam Collegiate Academy, All Girls Preparatory. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to be successful.
Major Responsibilities And Duties
Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of QCA's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation.
• Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differentiation.
• Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
• Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles, interests and needs of students assigned.
• Conduct assessment of student progress and use results to plan instructional activities.
• Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to QCA requirements.
• Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits. • Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
• Provide and seek assistance for students who are consistently performing below grade level.
• Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
• Be a positive role model for students, support mission of QCA.
• Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
• Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
• Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
• Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
• Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
• Valid Texas teaching certificate appropriate to subject and grade level assigned preferred
. • Experience in student teaching, internship, fieldwork, observation and all other placements required by universities or state approved programs for certification. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities