JOB TITLE: OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Islamic Center of Irving (ICI) is one of the largest Islamic institutions in the U.S, located in Irving, Texas on sprawling 12 acres. ICI is home to a full time Islamic school, a hifdz school, and a Sunday school. ICI offers a wide variety of services to the local community including outreach, social services, sports and social activities. We are looking for a full-time employee for our Outreach Department.
The Outreach Coordinator will be serving as the face of the outreach office. The Coordinator will be responsible for the administration of the office, and coordination of various outreach projects throughout the year. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, organized, and dependable. The ideal candidate prides himself/ herself in promoting the virtues of Islam and seeks a career path in social services and/or non-profit.
We are a diverse community; the Outreach Coordinator shall possess good communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate enjoys working with community members inside and outside ICI, and interacts with all persons and organizations, Muslims and non-Muslims, in a manner that reflects positively on Islam, Muslims, and ICI.
- An Associate Degree or equivalent education
- Basic knowledge in Islam and understanding of Islamic environment
- At least two years of previous experience in office administration or project controls or volunteer management
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work outside the regular business hours (evenings and weekends)
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Prior volunteer experience in any field
- Spanish speaking skills
- Computer graphic design
The Outreach Coordinator is expected to administrate the outreach activities, and facilitate execution of projects by volunteers and other staff. This position will involve dealing with volunteers and community members of diverse background and personality. The Coordinator must familiarize himself/ herself with the ICI policies, and exercise considerable discretion and judgement when dealing with complex issues and people in general.
- Acting on own initiative, performing diversified administrative duties of the Outreach Department.
- Answering telephone calls, responding to emails, directing information requests to appropriate staff and volunteers.
- Processing invoices and reimbursement requests, maintaining expense records, and coordinating day-to-day activities.
- Arranging meetings, preparing agenda and meeting minutes.
- Handling the outreach calendar, scheduling events, making travel arrangements, and receiving visitors.
- Coordinating outreach activities across other ICI entities such as school and youth programs.
- Working closely with other ICI staff and maintaining the outreach office in excellent condition.
- Maintaining an inventory of stationaries, and ordering/purchasing office supplies and tools as necessary.
- Maintaining and expanding databases, assembling and analyzing information, preparing reports and presentations.
- Recruiting, contacting, and following up with volunteers.
- Assisting project leads and volunteers with project execution.
- Visiting organizations within the Dallas Fort Worth area to promote ICI events and to meet public officials and clergies.
- The employee will perform about 50% of the shift in an office setting. The remaining 50% may be spent on assisting with programs inside and outside ICI.
- The employee will frequently interact with community members inside and outside ICI.
- Traveling will be minimal within the Dallas Fort Worth area. No overnight stay will be required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary that commensurate with your education and experience. We also offer a benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid vacation
- Tuition discount for your children in our full-time Islamic school (ISI)
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please send your resume to segu.ifhamirvingmasjid.org for consideration.