High School Math Teacher
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepares lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Presents the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plans and uses appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
- Conducts assessment of student learning styles and use results for instructional activities.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to state requirements.
- Plans and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s).
- Uses technologies in the teaching/learning process.
- Assists students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
- Consistently assesses student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
- Presents a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school.
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establishes and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Uses acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Valid Standard Teacher Certification with required endorsements for subject/level assigned
- Experience in teaching honors/AP courses is a plus
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Willingness to execute written employment contract with ISI
Professional Growth and Development
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, committee meetings, and work sessions as required by the principal.
- Exhibit professional judgment and responsibility at all times.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Promote professional improvement through reading educational journals and books, exploring educational research, enrolling in college courses, participating in staff development activities, and membership in professional organizations.
- Follow all rules, regulations, and policies approved by the Board of Directors and follow directives from superiors.
- Follow attendance policy as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the Administration and/or supervisor.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, board policies, and present subject matter according to established guidelines.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Supervises assigned teacher aide(s).
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; interpret policy and maintain emotional control under stress.
- The Administration and/or supervisor has the right to add or change duties at any time.
- This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions for this position as well as rescinding all past and present job descriptions that do not reflect the current requirements of this position.