1. Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
2. Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
3. Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
4. Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
5. Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
6. Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
7. Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
8. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
9. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
10. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
11. Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
12. Maintain and troubleshoot hardware including CPU, Monitors, peripherals, switches and cables.
13. Should have knowledge of VPN, NAS servers and Active Directory.
14. Should have knowledge of printers trouble shooting.
15. Administer servers, desktop computers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphone, software deployment, security updates and patches.