Islamic Society of Baltimore is seeking a Full Time Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
Islamic Society of Baltimore is seeking an experienced, self-motivated full time Administrative assistant/bookkeeper staff member to provide customer service and co-manage all financial activities of the organization. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience and demonstrated ability in multitasking, providing excellent customer service, proficiency with databases and QuickBooks accounting system as well as excellent communication skills.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Bachelor's Degree in accounting is highly preferred
- 3-5 years of hands on experience; school/non-profit environment is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks
- Understanding of Islamic environment - able to interact with a diverse community, staff, and vendor populations with a high degree of cultural & religious sensitivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing and producing effective & timely reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Must be flexible to work some evenings and weekends if necessary. Must be available on-site to work during office hours: M-F 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.