Brighter Horizons Academy is a full time fully accredited Islamic College Preparatory Academy serving grades PKI through 12th. This makes BHA the largest of its' kind in the south west United States. Alhamdullah.
The Arabic teacher is responsible for delivering the language acquisition course from Pre-KG to Grade 6, offering the best possible linguistic and academic educational experience to native Arabic students and to students with Arabic as another language.
- Plan, initiate and guide the units of study in Arabic which involve speaking, listening, writing, and reading
- Create and evaluate assessments of each student’s work and keep records updated
- Foster thought, discussion, reading comprehension, linguistic analysis and a consistent work ethic
- Communicate regularly and constructively with peers, administrators, students, and parents
- Set and assign appropriate homework on a regular basis to reinforce student learning and to prepare them for further class activities
- Use teaching methods engaging students, stimulating intellectual curiosity including the use of effective questioning, presentation and resources
- Set high expectations for students behavior, establishing and maintaining a good standard of behavior management through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships as in accordance with the School’s policy and the IB standards
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Texas teaching certificate
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring