Brighter Horizons Academy is a full time fully accredited Islamic College Preparatory Academy serving grades PKI through 12th. This makes BHA the largest of its' kind in the south west United States. Alhamdullah.
PE Teacher Assistant
The PE Assistant is employed to work closely with the PE Coordinator in delivering the PE program across the school. They are expected to play a full role in both programs and contribute to the wider school community where possible.
• To further raise the profile, participation levels and enjoyment of the PE program
• Encourage students to develop their skills in a variety of sports and extracurricular activities
• Support the PE Coordinator in administering the class
• Help to organize and coordinate extensive programs of extracurricular activities
• Support in the delivery and planning of quality skills-based PE lessons, following the instructional methods of the PE Coordinator
• Assist with equipment preparation for lessons, equipment inventory, and the maintenance of PE equipment and resources
• Work as part of the teaching team; attend and contribute to team and staff meetings
• Understand and apply school policies
• Carry out safety procedures and help to safeguard students as prescribed by school policy
• Attend training as requested by the school
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Texas teaching certificate
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring