he Islamic Subjects teacher provides Islamic Studies instruction to students in a single or multiple grades ranging from 1st grade to 12th grade. This teacher creates and educational atmosphere where students are granted the opportunity to fulfill their potential of becoming knowledgeable and productive Muslims. The Islamic Studies' teacher will also collaborate with the other high school teachers in order to create a bilingual curriculum which incorporates Quranic and Islamic Studies with the current curriculum.
The Quranic and Islamic Studies curriculum consists of:
- Quran: Recitation fluency
- Tafseer and memorization with proper Tajweed.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Plans lessons and coordinates with other instructional staff.
- Develops a deep knowledge of the various curricula and explores the best ways in which to deliver content to the students.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Sets and implements rules of discipline in accordance to the schools policies and the principal's directives.
- Ensures the safety of students while providing them with a care-giving and nurturing atmosphere.
- Sets clear targets and goals for teaching the Islamic values on a weekly basis and works with staff to extend the implementation with in the classroom environment
- Organizes extra-curricular activities related to the Islamic events and holidays.
- Organizes class decoration and layout.
- Organizes the Prayer (Salat) for the students in the school facility.
- Completes all grading, creates weekly lesson plans and report cards, and conducts parent conferences in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and staff on a regular basis in order to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Supports students and parents with alternate strategies and provides additional assistance with daily assignments and projects.
- Models spiritual maturity in leading students towards Islam and spiritual growth.
- Inculcates the kids with a sense of respect, order and self-discipline while encouraging them to be innovative and curious.
- Assumes responsibility for and demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating with others, etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate (preferred) degree in Arabic/Islamic Sciences or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- One to two years teaching experience.
- A willingness to share and portray Islamic mannerisms and way of living including modest Islamic dress code.
- Educational certification a plus.
- Operational knowledge of the Internet and web-related technologies.
Technical Competencies and Skills:
- Must posses ability to use technical skills in order to construct, implement and share lesson planning.
- Must possess ability to use a computer for instructional and communication purposes with students, parents and staff.
- Ability to use internet based search engines for educational research purposes.
- Knowledge of MS office or equivalent.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses a correct Arabic pronunciation and has a basic understanding of rules for the authentic recitation of the Quran.
- Has excellent knowledge of Islamic Subjects and believes and acts according to the Islamic values taught to the children.
- Works independently with little direct supervision.
- Works well as part of a team and is comfortable in a leadership role.
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic in order to achieve team and individual goals.
- Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
Salary: Competitive salary with full range of benefits which includes medical, dental and retirement benefit with matching.
To Apply: Submit your resume, cover letter and references to principal
Job Type: Full-time