Renaissance Academy is a private school in Austin, TX. It is one of the fastest growing private school. The Mission of Renaissance Academy is to graduate students with academic excellence, leadership skills and distinguished moral principles who contribute to society and fully live the values of Islam.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE USA. This position does not offer any VISA sponsorship.
Quran/Islamic Studies Teachers
The teacher works under the supervision of the principal to plan, organize, present and evaluate a program of instruction and to undertake other duties necessary in furtherance of the school's mission of graduating students who "fully live the values of Islam."
Requirements for Position
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in education or equivalent, with priority given to certified teachers.
- Teachers agree to abide by all RA rules and policies.
- The position requires the ability to apply knowledge of current education, instructional theories, methodologies, techniques, principles and knowledge of subject matter.
- Teachers must have the ability to communicate effectively in English and preferably Arabic using a variety of media.
- Teachers must be role models of distinguished moral character who can inspire and motivate students to love Islam and live according to its values and principles.
- Teachers must have the ability to teach the correct recitation of the Qur'an and to help students memorize, understand, and live by the Qur'an.
- Teachers must have the ability to evaluate student performance and provide constructive feedback.
Typical Teacher Job Responsibilities
- Providing a meaningful program of instruction to students through the preparation of course material and the instructing of assigned classes.
- Preparing for assigned classes and documenting preparation in detail.
- Maintaining a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to effective learning.
- Working to develop the characters and personalities of the students through a meaningful character education program.
- Using a variety of means to ensure a high level of communication with parents including weekly class handouts, web posts and frequent telephone calls, emails and parent conferences.
- Providing continuous student evaluation consistent with established teacher and school objectives, goals and policies.
- Identifying the special needs of students and taking appropriate action to meet them early on.
- Maintaining accurate records as required by school policies and regulations.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings, school functions, and parent-teacher activities.
- Working with other staff members as a team to plan and organize student activities and programs.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Renaissance offers a benefits package that includes health insurance, staff tuition discount, sick leave and annual vacation.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter describing your experiences relevant to job requirements, resume and three references by e-mailing careersracademy.org