Brighter Horizons Academy is a full time fully accredited Islamic College Preparatory Academy serving grades PKI through 12th. This makes BHA the largest of its' kind in the south west United States. Alhamdullah.
Islamic Studies and Quran Teacher
The Islamic Studies/Quran teacher provides Islamic Studies instruction to students in grades 4th and 5th grades. This teacher creates an educational atmosphere where students are granted the opportunity to fulfill their potential of becoming knowledgeable and productive Muslims.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
- Plans lessons and coordinates with other instructional staff
- Develops a deep knowledge of the various curricula and explores the best ways in which to deliver content to the students
- Sets and implements rules of discipline in accordance to the schools policies and the principal’s directives
- Organizes extra-curricular activities related to the Islamic events and holidays
- Completes all grading, creates weekly lesson plans and report cards, and conducts parent conferences in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and staff on a regular basis in order to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Supports students and parents with alternate strategies and provides additional assistance with daily assignments and projects
- Models spiritual maturity in leading students towards Islam and spiritual growth
- Inculcates the kids with a sense of respect, order and self-discipline while encouraging them to be innovative and curious
- Assumes responsibility for and demonstrates gains in student performance
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating with others, etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Tarbiyah.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Texas teaching certificate preferred
- Ijaza Preferred
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring