Job Title: Office Administrative Assistant
The Islamic Society of Baltimore (ISB) located in Baltimore County, Maryland is recruiting a fulltime and/or partime Office Administrative Assistant. The Office Administrator will be serving as the face of the front-office staff as well as the ISB organization to the public. ISB is looking for someone who is efficient, dependable, organized and enjoys working with people and community members. We are seeking a self-motivated person who can provide excellent customer service and knows how to manage the day-to-day whirlwinds of a large, complex organization. The ideal person will have a strong attention to detail, a flexible attitude, and dependable. Be an effective communicator with an easy to get along with personality. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. Must be available to work on-site during office hours: M-F 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Must be flexible to work some evenings and weekends, if necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least three years of previous experience in office management, school, or a non-profit environment.
- Fluency in English (Spoken and written).
- Experience interacting with various interfaith organizations and involvement in outreach activities.
- Must be able to provide proof of the right to work in the United States as described by the Department of Homeland Security on this page: http://www.uscis.gov/i-9- central/acceptable-documents on the first day of employment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, due to the needs of the community, if necessary.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in customer service in any industry, preferably in a religious institution.
The Office Administrator is expected to assist in developing policies and procedures for the front-office. In addition, the candidate will complete transactions and be the point-of-contact and subject-matter expert for all operational needs of front-office staff.
- Working knowledge (intermediate) of MS Office and Quickbooks experience
- Experience working in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a variety of people and styles.
- Understanding of Islamic environment.
- Able to interact with a diverse community, staff, and vendor populations with a high degree of cultural and religious sensitivity.
- Exhibits 110% professionalism and positive attitude when interacting with customers, family members, and visitors at all times.
· Interact with all persons and organizations, Muslim and Non-Muslim, in a manner that reflects positively on Islam, Muslims, and ISB.
· Continually strive and conduct oneself in ways that foster unity and inclusiveness among all community members, and promote broad participation in Islamic and community activities.
· Lead by example to prevent discrimination on any basis including but not limited to school of thought, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, citizenship, political affiliation, or economic status.
· Conduct oneself in a manner that is respectful of the history and diversity of the Muslim community.
SALARY & BENEFITS
· A competitive compensation package; dependent upon qualifications and background.
The Islamic Society of Baltimore (ISB) is a Muslim mosque and religious community center in suburban Baltimore, Maryland serving Baltimore County. ISB was founded in 1969 by the local Muslim community, which met weekly on the campus of Johns Hopkins University. In 1982, the society purchased eight acres of land, where the present Masjid Al-Rahmah was built. In the years since, a housing complex, full-time K-12 primary school, Quran Academy Hifz & Seminary program, a Sunday school, a Community Health Clinic, and the multi-purpose hall have all been built. The center was the location of President Barack Obama's first presidential visit to a United States mosque on February 3, 2016.
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit a job application and your resume to jobsisb.org.