Responsible for instructing students in an elementary classes from grades 1-5. Creates lesson plans, administers praise and constructive criticism, instructs students on subjects such as literature, Language arts, writing, Social Studies, Math & Sciences and creates a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program.Job Duties and Tasks 1) Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students.
2) Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior & social development
3) Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
4) Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
5) Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
6) Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
7) Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
8) Assign and grade class work and homework.
9) Complete weekly lesson plans
10) Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems. Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
11) Attend Parent Teacher conferences, meetings, professional development days