BLOOMINGTON ISLAMIC SCHOOL PRINCIPAL:
Bloomington Islamic School (BLISS), Bloomington, IN seeks a skilled leader to assume the position of School Principal. The Principal will be responsible for planning, administrating, implementing and evaluating the educational program within the Early Childhood and Elementary school.
The Bloomington Islamic School is a subsidiary of the Islamic Center of Bloomington. Bloomington Islamic School is located in the city of Bloomington, Indiana. The school was opened to meet the growing need of the many Muslim families that go to school, work and live in the Bloomington community for an Islamic alternative to the Bloomington public school system.
As the only Islamic school in the Bloomington area, our hope is to one day operate a full-time Islamic school that serves pre-kindergarten to 12th grade.
Bloomington Islamic School operates with the following core values:
- Providing a caring and safe learning environment.
- Making collaborative decisions about instructions and assessments.
- Meeting the needs of ALL students through data analysis and flexible grouping.
- Engaging students in rigorous and high level learning activities.
- Empowering students to take ownership of their learning.
- Nurturing creativity and critical thinking.
- Provide curricular and instructional leadership in the development, implementation, coordination, and assessment of the academic programs to improve student achievement.
- Use student performance data to assess teaching and learning effectiveness.
- Apply appropriate measures to monitor student achievement.
- Use the Code of Student Conduct as the basis of judgments in disputes, confrontations and/or disciplinary cases.
- Communicate school policies relating to student behavior to students and parents.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to staff members’ needs.
- Implement the School Improvement Plan, make necessary modifications, and assess progress towards objectives.
- Provide supervision for after school program and other special activities as necessary.
- Use building management skills to maintain a safe, clean, and orderly environment for staff and students.
- Collect, share, and analyze data to determine strengths and needs within the school. Data will include student data, other instructional data, student subgroup data, discipline data, and attendance data.
- Supervise, evaluate, and provide feedback for teachers, support staff and students that focuses on instructional and behavioral strategies to improve and/or enhance students' performance.
- Plan and provide professional learning that promotes school growth, based on identified needs.
- Develop a collegial environment that supports teacher leadership, collaboration, and growth.
- Develop teacher and staff capacity to cultivate and sustain meaningful partnerships with families of diverse backgrounds and with community members that support student achievement and student well-being.
- Set high expectations and communicate them to all stakeholders.
- Provide academic and behavioral support programs for at-risk students.
- Demonstrate an awareness of staff morale through displaying a genuine feeling of trust and respect for each member.
- Research and remain aware of current education trends as they affect the school and plan and prepare the school to effectively change and adapt as needed.
- Hire, support and manage the evaluation process for academic faculty including content area teachers and administrators.
- Oversee the administration of all academic standardized tests and follow up as necessary concerning those results and their analysis.
- Develop and manage an annual budget in cooperation with the School and Executive Boards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education OR Elementary Education w/CDA
- Teaching license
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education (preferred)
- Background in curriculum development and implementation (standards & foundations, early childhood/ elementary education).
- Background in teacher training and instruction.
- Background in strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to read, write and speak Arabic (if possible), which is necessary to create and help with implementation of Arabic curriculum.
- Background in Islamic Studies, which is necessary to create and help implement the Islamic Studies curriculum.
- Education Administration experience - being able to run the programs associated with FSSA, OECOSL, PTQ and IDOE.
- Demonstrate ability to coach, manage and collaborate with staff from a diverse range of perspectives and backgrounds.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationship with staff, students, families and the community.
- Possess legal authorization to work in the US.
HOW TO APPLY:
EMAIL: adminbloomingtonislamicschool.org: RE: PRINCIPAL POSITION