School Administrative Assistant
New Islamic Academy in Kissimmee, Osceola County – IZZADEEN ACADEMY
TITLE: School Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: School Director
SUMMARY: To perform complex secretarial duties requiring use of independent judgment and have knowledge of district policies, procedures, programs and organizational structure under light supervision or direction.
· Greet visitors to the school, answer inquiries and/or provide direction to the appropriate source of information.
· Prepare and process official school correspondence for the Director including word processing from rough or final drafts.
· Establish and maintain an effective filing system of correspondence, forms, and reports that are used internally and/or directed externally.
· Maintain file of records of school employees and staff including time sheets that are collected, authorized, and forwarded to payroll in a timely manner.
· Prepare requests for personnel action forms reflecting any request or change in employment or benefit status.
· Act as the school liaison regarding recording and forwarding reports of employee/staff absences and requests for substitutes.
· Assist in the preparation for the arrival of substitute teachers providing folders and keys.
· Access requested data and information using computer database systems, spreadsheets, and/or other management information.
· Make arrangements and coordinate meetings and special events as requested by the Principal.
· Maintain a record of budget expenditures and current balance of funds.
· Order supplies, materials, equipment for the school and maintain records of purchases plus follow-up on delinquent orders.
· Maintain office equipment by ordering supplies and calling for repairs.
· Maintain a calendar of appointments and meetings for the Principal.
· Open, sort, and distribute mail to Principal and staff.
· Translate or interpret as Spanish skills allow.
· Provide assistance to the registrar and school health aide for situations requiring immediate attention including student attendance and registration.
· Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Associates degree or higher professional secretarial training is preferred.
· Minimum 2 years experience
· Related office experience within a school office or a position involving a substantial amount of public contact is preferred.