Brighter Horizon School is a state-approved PK3 – 12thgrade school in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with twenty–four (24) years of servitude to the Islamic community. Currently, the school enrolls about 95 students, and 16 teachers. We pride ourselves on our small teacher to student ratios and the quality of education we provide our students.
The Principal position will require the building leader to carry the role of an instructional leader. This entails and is not limited to the following tasks:
- Representing the Islamic school in the community on a regional and national level.
- Supporting teachers in improving their instructional practice through regular formal and informal observations and feedback.
- Collaborating with the School Board and other administrative team members in continuing to maintain and improve the school.
- Leading and empowering staff to lead professional development for all faculty and staff.
- Facilitating the curriculum development and implementation processes.
- Overseeing student character development and discipline.
- Facilitating student and faculty led events, such as the annual festivals, competitions, and ceremonies.
- Ensuring management of the organization, operation, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Oversee the recruitment, admission, and retention of qualified students.
- Oversee the recruitment, evaluation, hiring, and retention of school staff and teachers.
- In collaboration with the Executive President and Treasurer, prepare and implement academic budgets.
*The following duties are NOT the complete list of all duties performed by the principal.
- Is a practitioner of Islam, have sound knowledge of Deen, will promote mission and vision of the school.
- Demonstrates the leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, and parents.
- Willing to volunteer and dedicate service hours outside of regular school time for the promotion of the school.
- The principal must emulate the following professional and Islamic qualities: respect, patience, flexibility, consistency, compassion, build esteem in staff and students, cultural awareness and sensitivity, and preparedness.
- Must have a Master’s Degree
- Degree in educational field preferred
- Demonstrate written/oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Served on committees and/or organizations
- Has 3-4 years of experience as an administrator of an Islamic School in USA; has taken formal courses in school administration and school leadership
- School Administration/ leadership certification a plus
- Track record of educational activity and/or teaching and program supervision
- Experience and/or understanding of various mechanisms of education funding and program growth
- Is well organized and prompt
- Possess highly developed problem-solving skills
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Commitment to staff support and development
- K-12 Teaching experience
- Proficient in use of excel, word, email, google docs, online learning systems, uploading and downloading documents, and purposeful integration of technology
- Fluent in English and Arabic (preferred)
This position is an eleven-month salaried position that begins in the Summer of 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply for an opportunity to join the Brighter Horizon School family. All applicants should send a letter of interest, a resume, and a copy of certificates to treasurer (at) brighterhorizon (dot) net
Position will be open until filled with a target date mid JUNE 2018.