Job Title: Principal
Position Summary: The Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe and traditional Islamic learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school. The Principal is also responsible for achieving academic excellence through collaboration and nurture of all members of the school staff and monitoring the scheduling, curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values, and goals of ISI
- Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
- Evaluate and provide governance to all instructional programs of the school.
- Develop, implement and monitor long-term goals and strategies to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the school.
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the school.
- Leverage effective partnerships with internal and external constituents.
- Oversee and manage the school budget through proper controls throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school.
- Establish a professional rapport with the administrative team, leadership team, students and faculty.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel.
- Serve as a role model for students, dressing professionally, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Give regular khutbas and khaatiraas to students and encourage good Islamic behavior.
- Nurture both students and teachers to achieve their greatest potential academically, instructionally and spiritually.
- Maintain positive, cooperative and mutually supportive relationships with staff, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Complete in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by the Board.
- Communicate with the Board regularly about the needs, successes and general operation of the school.
- Establish procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records.
- Protect the confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Attend required committee meetings (e.g.: fund-raising, status calls, technology night, curriculum, etc.) and extra school-sponsored functions and religious events.
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Board and not otherwise prohibited by law or in conflict with the contract.
- Should be flexible with work schedule to work weekend and evening hours as required.
Education/Training (Requisite Skills and Training):
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership, Principal certification a must.
- Demonstrated and proven ability in leading and structuring middle and high-school with over 500 students.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of supervisory or leadership experience in an Islamic school, specifically high-school. Prior experience in classroom teaching is a must.
- Ability to work with staff and students of different cultural backgrounds.
- Must be self-motivated and able to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Solid written, oral and presentation skills. Must be a proficient MS Office user.
- Well-versed in Islamic Knowledge. Fluency in English, with Arabic being a plus.
- Fluency in English, with Arabic being a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug test.