The school Dean of Academics (Middle/High) serves as the academic leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all Middle and High students are supervised in a safe and traditional Islamic learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school from grades 6-12. Dean of Academics (Middle/High) is also responsible for achieving academic excellence through collaboration and nurture of all of the Middle/High school faculty and leadership team.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school of grades 6-12 consistent with the philosophy, mission, values, and goals of the Islamic School of Irving.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
- Evaluate and provide governance to all instructional programs of the school from grades 6-12.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school for grades 6-12.
- Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that has their respect.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel.
- Serve as a role model for students, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students for grades 6-12 and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Nurture both students and teachers to achieve their greatest potential academically, instructionally and spiritually.
- Maintain positive, cooperative and mutually supportive relationships with staff, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Complete in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by the Principal.
- Communicate with the Principal regularly about the needs, successes and general academics of the school for grades 6-12.
- Establish procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records.
- Protect the confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Attend required committee meetings (e.g.: fund-raising, status calls, technology night, curriculum, ) and extra school-sponsored functions and religious events.
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Principal and not otherwise prohibited by law or in conflict with the contract.
- Should be flexible with work schedule to work weekend and evening hours as required.
Education/Training (Requisite Skills and Training):
- Master’s Degree in an Educational or related field, Principal certification an asset.
- Demonstrated and proven ability in leading and structuring school with over 600 students
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory or leadership experience preferred. Prior experience in classroom teaching is a
- Ability to work with staff and students of different cultural backgrounds
- Must be self-motivated and able to respond quickly and effectively to changing environments.
- Solid written, oral and presentation Must be a proficient MS Office user.
- Well-versed in Islamic Fluency in English, with Arabic being a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug test.