The Islamic Center of Little Rock (ICLR) is seeking a highly motivated and organized Executive Director with a strong desire to spearhead ICLR programs.
The Executive Director(ED) will report directly to the Board of Trustees and will have overall strategic and operational responsibility of the ICLR and the execution of its mission.
The ED is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, revision, and evaluation of departmental programs in coordination and under the supervision of the Executive committee.
The ED will be responsible for the development and execution of ICLR’s programs in addition to developing and expanding its members, core staff, volunteers, and the community it serves.
She or he should possess the flexibility, courage, and creativity that will be needed to propel the ICLR and the Little Rock area community forward. This job will be as challenging as it will be rewarding.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Deliver mentoring and programming primarily targeting the educational and spiritual needs of new Muslims, young professionals, and youth.
- Oversee ICLR programs like Interfaith efforts, Quran Institute, Friday night program, Community Service, Youth activities …etc.
- Developing and executing The ICLR Expansion Project annual fundraising plan
- Collaborate with volunteers and staff to develop messaging, pitches and presentations to communicate the value of the ICLR Expansion Project.
- Develop relationships through phone calls and in-person meetings with Masajids and individuals to increase awareness of the ICLR Expansion Project.
- Oversee the securing financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the fundraising events.
- Support pledge follow-up work as needed.
- Help build the donor database.
- Additional duties as requested by the Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5-plus years’ experience
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills in English. Arabic is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship – a “people person”
- Past successful fundraising experience.
- Good team player – the ability to work with different people.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience working with the American Muslim community is a plus
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Flexible work hours