Islamic Center of Little Rock (ICLR) is the largest Islamic Center in Little Rock, Arkansas, with 6 acres facility that House our Masjid building, full time accredited Islamic middle school from and a community center. Its Friday prayer is attended by approximately 600 Muslims, for more information about ICLR programs and activities please check our website www. theiclr.org
- Form a functional team of Youth who are gifted, willing, available and faithful to form a leadership.
- Establish and empower at least 8 (4 brothers & 4 Sisters) youth Halaqas
- Create, execute, and evaluate a plan with clear goals and objectives.
- Develop leadership program for qualified youth.
- Develop confidential counseling services for troubled youth.
- Regular monthly projects: Friday night youth program, spiritual, Community Service, Sports, and camps.
- Create an ICLR Youth culture that youth would love to join (Logo, t-shirts, fliers, etc.)
- Submit a yearly youth budget to work with it.
- Previous experience working with and counseling youth in North America
- Previous experience as a group leader with a passion for coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably from an accredited North American college/university and/or have taken some continuing education classes.
- Knowledgeable in Islamic Studies. Degree in Islamic Studies or equivalent is preferable.
- Good managerial, organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Must take initiative and be self-reliant with minimum supervision.
- Computer and online proficiency (Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Social Media, etc.)
- Well-disciplined and ability to work effectively with others.
- Familiarity with American culture and Muslim American youth issues
- Must have a solid understanding of ICLR organizational mission and values and an understanding of the American Muslim community.
- Must be willing to work early/late hours and attend virtual meetings.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with various age groups and backgrounds within the community.
Terms & Compensation
- Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
- Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, medical insurance, and the opportunity to work with a group of highly dedicated volunteers.
- Relocation package is available if needed.