Accounting Associate (part-time)
Posted date [2018-Nov-17] (ID: 1360)
Islamic Center of Irving (ICI) is seeking an Accounting Associate, in a part-time capacity (20 hrs/week).
- Provide best customer services to meet the common interest of donors, members, creditors and others who provide resources to our nonprofit organizations.
- Reconcile and resolve unmatched items in QBO, including bank and credit card statements and all asset, liability and equity accounts.
- Prepare, review and schedule financial monthly reports.
- Review and analyze financial reports to identify code classification errors of all income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Managing collection of past due pledges and arranging payment schedules.
- Ensure accounting compliance with state and federal requirements for 501c religious organizations.
- Preparing annual budget for review and approval by executive committee.
- Prepare and send emails/texts to our donors with action items.
- At least one-year full-time experience in accounting using QBO with non-profit focus.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial results and bookkeeping control reports.
- Understanding of donor and membership management with good customer service experience.
- Clear understanding of audit requirements and compliance of non-profit organizations.
Education and Skills
- College Degree or equivalent/student with accounting major.
- QuickBooks certification preferred
- MS Office proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.