TITLE: School Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: School Director
SUMMARY: To perform complex secretarial duties requiring use of independent judgment and have knowledge of district policies, procedures, programs and organizational structure under light supervision or direction.
- Greet visitors to the school, answer inquiries and/or provide direction to the appropriate source of information.
- Prepare and process official school correspondence for the Director including word processing from rough or final drafts.
- Establish and maintain an effective filing system of correspondence, forms, and reports that are used internally and/or directed externally.
- Maintain file of records of school employees and staff including time sheets that are collected, authorized, and forwarded to payroll in a timely manner.
- Prepare requests for personnel action forms reflecting any request or change in employment or benefit status.
- Act as the school liaison regarding recording and forwarding reports of employee/staff absences and requests for substitutes.
- Access requested data and information using computer database systems, spreadsheets, and/or other management information.
- Make arrangements and coordinate meetings and special events as requested by the Director.
- Maintain a record of budget expenditures and current balance of funds.
- Order supplies, materials, equipment for the school and maintain records of purchases plus follow-up on delinquent orders.
- Maintain office equipment by ordering supplies and calling for repairs.
- Maintain a calendar of appointments and meetings for the Director.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail to Director and staff.
- Provide assistance to the registrar and school health aide for situations requiring immediate attention including student attendance and registration.
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Associates degree or higher professional secretarial training is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Related office experience within a school office or a position involving a substantial amount of public contact is preferred.