Austin Peace Academy (APA) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to provide a holistic, academically rigorous education for Pre-K through 12th Grade students in a safe, nurturing, faith-based environment.
Austin Peace Academy is in the top 10 best private school in Austin , Texas based on Niche Ranking.
Job Summary: Curriculum and Instruction Director will ensure that curriculum and program components maximize the educational experience of every scholar; provide information and serve as a resource to others; achieve defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining assigned services in compliance with established guidelines; and serve as a member of the leadership team.
- Duties for Curriculum and, Instruction Director , are not limited to, the following:
- Align goals and work consistent with the vision, mission, and strategic goals and priorities of Austin Peace Academy.
- Design, create, and implement comprehensive curricula based on national and state education standards
- Bring a data-driven approach to scholar and curriculum assessment and decision-making, with particular expertise with benchmark assessment systems and standardized tests such as Itbs
- Believe in and have familiarity with differentiated instruction and the ability to advise and mentor teachers in its integration into teaching practice
- Track scholar progress in all content areas and use data to inform decisions about curriculum and materials
- Provide supervision, support, leadership development, and evaluations for the teachers
- Develop, implement, and evaluate professional development based on teacher need and interest
- Assist with program planning and evaluation activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Academic Department initiatives
- Evaluate teachers using the Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES)
- Collaborate with a wide variety of internal and external personnel (e.g. administrators, board members, teachers, assigned staff, vendors, auditors, public agencies, regulatory agencies, community members, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs
- Identify appropriate materials (field trips, speakers, print, and media sources) to support curriculum
- Mentor teachers and provide ongoing in-classroom support to improve instructional practice and assessment
- Perform personnel functions (e.g. evaluating, training, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing student achievement, maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving program and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with teachers and administrators, and scholars
- Serve as school-wide Testing Coordinator for school-based, local, and national assessments
- Master’s Degree required
- 5 years teaching experience
- Experience in both classroom instruction and school administration, including responsibilities in curriculum oversight, supervision, and evaluation of faculty
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Austin Peace Academy
Compensation: Salary commensurate with qualification and experience. Benefits include health insurance paid
holidays, sick and personal leave and professional development. SEP ( Simplified employment Pension Plan).
Email resume to principalapacademy.org.