Bachelor's degree in English or Teaching Certificate for the current state you reside in for Secondary English
1-2 years experience teaching students aged 12-15 years
Able to communicate with students, staff and parents in a professional manner.
Experience with Zoom, Google Classroom, Google Suite and Microsoft Office; knowledge of other softwares and online platforms is a plus
Knowledge of Montessori philosophy is a plus
Job description: Major Duties:
· Create and teach lessons that are congruent with students' educational needs in the areas of language, grammar, reading and writing using resources provided.
· Read all prescribed novels, poetry, and additional resources to gain a thorough understanding of them before developing lesson plans and curricula to ensure that all topics engaged are Islamically appropriate for the age level and addressed through an Islamic lens.
· Keep abreast of current events and incorporating these events and themes into lessons with the Islamic lens in mind to make them more relevant to students.
· Collaborate with other staff to develop lesson plans, teaching strategies, and interventions as needed.
· Ensure all curriculum, school, and state requirements are met.
· Submit lesson plans, quizzes, tests the Friday prior to week of instruction
· Encourage participation within the classroom to promote the consolidation of learning content.
· Prepare students for formal and informal assessments.
· Grade tests, pop quizzes, assignments, exams, and other assessments in a timely manner
· Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and educating parents in regards to ELAR curriculum.
· Communicating with parents, students, lead teacher, and administrator regarding underperformance and other concerns while respecting cultural differences.
· Conduct parent conferences three times a year and attend two other school events throughout the year
· Attend middle school staff meetings (1hr after school) once a month and teacher in-service days throughout the year as needed