Austin Peace Academy (APA) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to provide a holistic, academically rigorous education for Pre-K through 12th Grade students in a safe, nurturing, faith-based environment.
Austin Peace Academy is in the top 10 best private school in Austin , Texas based on Niche Ranking.
POSITION : Full – Time English High School Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
ABOUT AUSTIN PEACE ACADEMY :
Austin Peace Academy’s mission is to promote academic excellence and Islamic values in a nurturing environment that empowers students to reach their highest academic potential while preparing them to become leaders in the service of their communities. To fulfill this mission, we are seeking qualified candidates who meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field
Candidate is responsible for planning, organizing, and presenting activities contributing to educational, social, and physical development of students to enhance their self-worth and equip them with the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to function in society. Considerable judgment, tact, patience, sensitivity, and flexibility are required to deal with students from varied socioeconomic backgrounds and learning styles. This position requires creativity and adaptive thinking to match teaching objectives, learning strategies, and instructional plans with students’ abilities. AP English Teaching experience a MUST.
- Education/Certification: English or Other Related
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
- Compelling oral and written communication skills
- The teacher needs to be energetic and fun and flexible
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students’ needs