School Principal Job Description
The Islamic Academy of Delaware (IAD) is looking for a candidate for the position of Principal of the Academy. Our ideal candidate is an excellent manager communicator, mentor, teacher and counselor. The candidate must possess strong public relations and networking skills. The Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Principal work collaboratively in order to guide and nurture members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, extra-curricular activities and personnel management.
- Degree in Education or a related field from an accredited college or a university with relevant teaching certification.
- Proven Quranic and Islamic knowledge and/or degree/coursework in Islamic studies will be highly desired.
- Three (3) years' related professional and managerial experience required with prior experience in a related field preferred.
- Fluency in English is a must and proficiency in Arabic is highly preferred.
- Must be able to work in a team with strong leadership skills.
- Authorization to work in USA, (WITHOUT any visa processing of any kind)
Functions and Responsibilities
- Principal is accountable to the IAD Board of Directors and reports directly to the Director of Education.
- The principal is an employee of IAD and is responsible to run the affairs of the school as per the guidelines detailed in the school’s operational guidelines.
- He/she supervises all school personnel, directly and/or indirectly, serves as the chief administrator of the school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities and budget.
- He/she is responsible for the overall discipline and the welfare of the IAD school students.
- He/she ensures that the school program is compatible with the IAD ‘s Bylaws.
- He/she provides opportunities for staff participation in the school program and supervises / appraises the school staff’s performance.
- He/she maintains communication with IAD Board of Directors, works very closely with the Education Director, reporting to him, seeking assistance from the Board of Directors and community members to continually improve the school performance.
- He/she manages, directs, and maintains records on the materials, school supplies and equipment, which are necessary to carry out the school routine.
- He/she submits monthly reports to the treasurer showing all tuition and contributions paid and this report should indicate any late tuition fees paid. He/she conducts an annual evaluation of the administrative staff and school teachers.
IAD offers a competitive salary package that is commensurate to the candidate’s experience. The package includes family health insurance, and free tuition for children who attend the Academy.
Contact Information: Interested candidates should forward their resume toDr. Muhamed Niaz niazmuhammedyahoo.comIAD School Chairman.